Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What happens when you run out of fresh food?

So the last time I went to the grocery store was September 29th, so I've been filling up on Subway, campus food, generally unhealthiness, and frozen/canned food at home. It's been crazy with exams (I just wrote one yesterday, one this morning, and one more tonight!) and I'm sure everyone has those stints with other things that make food less of a priority. So, what did I do? 

I bought some canned diced tomatoes flavoured with garlic and olive oil and so I made myself a bruschetta with defrosted olive bread. I wish I still had cilantro to top that one off..

For one of my dinners, I had a steak dinner, and every ingredient was from the freezer. I still didn't manage to cook the steak fully through without adding water at the end so it wouldn't burn...gotta turn the temperature down next time and cook it for longer (my new stove is super-powerful). I marinated this steak with some steak spice and finally with BBQ sauce at the end (thank you Ribfest :D)


For the veggies I just boiled them in some chicken broth for flavour.


A nice pink on the inside :) mmm.....

And finally to today, this was my meal post-workout. The smoothie's got frozen mangoes, frozen raspberries, orange juice, and vanilla protein powder. My soup was also from the freezer, boiled in half water, half chicken broth. I modified this one so that I'd throw in the scallops, corn, and peas last. Before I threw in all the veggies together but had to wait for the beets and sweet potato to soften, and so the peas and corn would overcook.


 I'm looking forward to grocery shopping tomorrow and then back home for Thanksgiving for some delicious home food! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. your soup looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete