Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Menu

So I FINALLY got back to posting food, after a hectic midterm season (which still runs this week but I can't study right now). I promised to post some meals I made with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving so here they are! It's been so long since I've made these so I'll try to recollect as best I can, although the pictures do speak for themselves :)

First up looks like a salad I made with spinach, cilantro, onions, cherry tomatoes and turkey! I also had cranberry sauce leftover that was packed for me so that turned out to be my dressing for the salad. I thought it was a pretty neat idea (since the only other salad dressing I had was ranch...which wouldn't have paired with these ingredients as well).


Here we have a turkey omelette wrap (which are much healthier than sandwiches since sandwiches are pretty much 2/3rds carbs). I think I've got cilantro, maybe spinach in the egg, tomatoes, onions, and white cheddar in that wrap. I always overstuff my wraps because I underestimate how small the pita is when it wraps up haha...I don't particularly enjoy chewing on 50% wrap when I reach the end anyways (if you fold the bottom in).


For one dinner, I heated up some ratatouille (store-bought) and put turkey with leftover gravy on top. I was at  a potluck where I made meat chili but had some vegetarian friends there too, so I bought them ratatouille. Interestingly, they didn't really eat it so I brought it back home. It was delicious actually, so it was their loss haha.


Finally I had another "Deconstructed Sandwich", which was open-faced and so I mixed and matched layering of tomato/cucumber/white cheddar. You can't really see the olive bread underneath but I toasted three small slices to hold everything.


Next post: Potluck chili!

It's good to be writing again :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete