Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The past little while...Holiday selection

So I haven't been up here since November 30th, 2010 due to exams, holidays, and being back in school. I apologize if you visited and was disappointed from the lack of posting, but I hope you went back and found some older posts that you found fun! To make this break into posting a little easier, I'll keep it short and festive.

Over the break, I had an amazing family gathering for Christmas. Here's a few photos:


The turkey!! Salt-brined, rubbed with rosemary, thyme, garlic, and roasted (credit to my brother for all cooking over the break. I took it easy hehe).


Some of the food for dinner. There was soo much.


Mom's vegetable curry stew.


Desserts! Eating these felt like a sin. A delicious, delicious sin.


Chocolate dipped toffee from my brother as well.


Assorted baked awesomeness.


Inside one of those desserts was mousse.

For Christmas Eve, my brother cooked up a seafood storm of paella and mussels. Can you believe these were back-to-back nights?


Mussels, oysters, scallops, surrounded by bell peppers amongst other veggies, with rice soaking up all the goodness on the bottom....my mouth waters as I type this.


Mussels, using spicy Italian sausage for flavour (at the bottom, hard to see), with a nice Riesling white wine broth.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment