Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

My First Beef Roast


So today I went grocery shopping and picked up a pre-marinated $12 beef roast from Wal-Mart. I decided to test it out on the new oven. Instructions said that a medium beef roast would take 2 1/4 hours at 375 F.

Lies.

I cooked it for 1.5 hours and it was medium-well :( I don't like my beef rare and bleeding all over the place, but a nice, tender medium makes me happy.

I watched Alton Brown's Good Eats while waiting for the roast beef to finish, so maybe I put my expectations of a melt-in-your mouth roast too high...

While letting the beef roast rest and reabsorb its juices, I scraped off the drippings and made a gravy from it. Turned out pretty well, but could've used some red wine.

There were some really nice pieces of beef like the end cuts and the very centre pieces, but the rest was a little tougher to chew. I added it to the scallop/veggie stir-fry I made yesterday with some leftover rice as well. Decent combo.



On a sweeter note, I bought dark chocolate at Wal-Mart as well, but it melted inside the wrapper while inside the hot car. Here's how it unwrapped hahaha.



Time to clean all the dishes now. There are SO MANY D: And for the rest of the week I will be eating many variations of the roast beef as I only had two slices out of twelve. Potluck anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete