Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Homemade Guacamole and the Experiment

This one's a pretty easy snack to make, and healthy if you replace chips with veggies like sliced cucumbers. Just use one avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime/lemon juice, salt and pepper. It does take some practice to get the amount of each exactly right, but its up to everyone's individual taste. It feels weird now to be out of avocados, but they went to good place :)


Last night, I experimented with some salmon and tried to make a 'salsa-y' type veggie to go along with it. I used red/green bell peppers, broccolli stems, and onions, but...it didn't turn out so hot. For some reason, I started by cooking the veggies first, then the salmon...in the same pan. Long story short, I didn't thaw the salmon enough, veggies got overcooked, and I disguised the taste failure by adding some tomato sauce. It was just one of those days.


I'm definitely gonna come back to this recipe and perfect it. Man...I still have one portion to finish still...

No comments:

Post a Comment